This is a little kernal of wisdom “brought to you by GE”, rather than an ordinary commercial.
I’ve been reading some of Thomas Jefferson, and came across this.
The Practical Wisdom of Thomas Jefferson
aka “A Decalogue of Canons for Observation in Practical Life” (original title)
- Never put off till to-morrow what you can do to-day.
- Never trouble another for what you can do yourself.
- Never spend your money before you have it.
- Never buy what you do not want, because it is cheap; it will be dear to you.
- Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold.
- We never repent of having eaten too little.
- Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.
- How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.
- Take things always by their smooth handle.
- When angry, count ten, before you speak; if very angry, a hundred.
I found that, given the way the people of that time spoke and wrote, it takes a bit of time to ponder each one, to have it sink in. But its all very good advice.
No wonder the guy was the one who was asked to write the Declaration of Independence.
More quotes by him, and other information about Thomas Jefferson and his life, can be found at monticello.org.
The Soil Story is an important place to begin to understand both the nature of the global mega-crisis we face, as well as how we as individuals — working together on all levels — are the solution. The video is short, just under 4 minutes, and entirely worth your time:
This is the launch of RevolutionaryWisdom.World. Over the months ahead, this site will grow in content, in preparation for the release of my upcoming book, “LEAP” in Spring 2016.
From my About Us page:
Revolutionary Wisdom inspires, elevates, and calls forth the people of Earth to stand together, work together, love together, come together… as one people. Fundamentally, Revolutionary Wisdom seeks to inspire a change in consciousness for the body of humanity, from megocentrism and toward wegocentrism. Together, we can solve the global environmental mega-crises of our world and create a new future for all humanity, and all life on this planet, to flourish within.
I — and we — do this through storytelling, performance and direct actions within our communities and throughout the world.
Your comments and feedback are vital. Please use the Contact Us page to reach us, or use any of the social media buttons you will find on every page.